Our MA/JS team is international, and communicates in English. We are committed to European cooperation. You will work closely with people from all around the Baltic Sea and elsewhere in Europe. Our projects are our clients. They address common challenges in the Baltic Sea region in different fields like preserving natural resources, fostering innovations and greener and safer transport solutions. Our work is based on the principles of transparency, accountability and predictability. Our job is to make sure that best use will be made of European taxpayers’ money.
Specific responsibilities of this position
- Be the main MA/JS contact and support to a project lead partner regarding any budgetary and financial question that may arise during the project’s lifetime, participate in project meetings and conferences.
- Monitor the implementation of projects by checking bi-annual progress reports, in particular the expenditure part; control the eligibility of costs and process the reports towards releasing payments – all done digitally through our electronic programme monitoring system “BAMOS”.
- Manage requests from projects on changes in set-up, budget, partnership, timing, or any other question that may arise.
- Contribute to all other activities of the MA/JS team, in particular prepare reports, present financial overviews and statistics, be active at internal meetings and contribute to finding new solutions.
Expected qualifications and profile
- University degree in a relevant field, e.g. public administration, business administration, accountancy, finances;
- Significant work experience with the administration and/or control of EU Structural Funds;
- Experience with international cooperation programmes or projects;
- Knowledge of the Baltic Sea Region including experience of working with public administrations in Baltic Sea region countries;
- Knowledge of and experience in using State aid instruments is of advantage;
- Solid administrative skills and a passion for accurate documentation and filing;
- Proficiency in applying MS office applications;
- Fluent in oral and written English; command of any other language of the Baltic Sea region is an advantage.
Terms of employment
The position will be based on a full-time contract (39 working hours a week) based on German employment law. A part of the job can be done by teleworking after the training-on-the-job period will have been concluded successfully. You will report to the team leader finances, and the MA/JS director. The employer will be Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein (IB.SH) as hosting institution of the Managing Authority/Joint Secretariat. Place of employment will be the main office in Rostock, Germany. The contract duration will be until the end of 2022, a prolongation is envisaged. The annual gross salary will range between EUR 45,000 and EUR 55,000 depending on qualification and experience.
Application and selection procedure
Applications have to be submitted electronically in English by Friday 31 July 2020, 22:00 (CET), to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications have to include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (1 page),
- CV based on Europass standard template (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae)
- Recruitment Application Sheet (available for download in PDF or ZIP format below).
These documents will constitute the basis for selecting candidates for job interviews. Interviews are planned for the weeks 37 and 38 in September 2020 in Rostock. Candidates might be contacted by telephone/online meeting tools during the selection process.
The selected candidate is expected to start in the second half of 2020 (preferably).
Interreg Baltic Sea Region is a source of EU funding for smart ideas of how to shape the region. We provide more than money: We create an environment for working together to let great solutions become common practice. We help organisations work together as if there were no borders. In this way, we ensure that their ideas are put into practice to improve the life of all citizens around the Baltic Sea.
Thomas Weber, Team Leader Finances (Tel.: +49 381 45484 5287, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please only use ADOBE READER (version 8.0 or higher) to complete the Recruitment Application Sheet. When using other readers or a web browser the form is not working properly. The latest version of the Adobe Reader can be downloaded e.g. at http://get.adobe.com/reader.