How to apply?
The European Commission's Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) has opened a competition for the RegioStars awards 2021. This year, you can apply in the following categories:
- Smart Europe: increasing the competitiveness of local businesses in a digital world
- Green Europe: green and resilient communities in rural and urban settings
- Fair Europe: fostering inclusion and anti-discrimination
- Urban Europe: promoting green, sustainable circular food systems in functional urban areas
- Topic of the year: enhancing green mobility in the regions in the European Year of Rail 2021
If you think your project delivers strong results, if you are ready to show your impact, if your project implementation has just ended or is about to end - apply for the RegioStars awards!
Note that your project needs an official endorsement by the Managing Authority/Joint Secretariat. We will offer endorsement as well as the consultations on the application form to up to five Interreg Baltic Sea Region projects. Please inform the MA/JS communication team by 19 March 2021 on your willingness to join the RegioStars awards. We will the inform you on the next steps.
The deadline for submitting the full application via online platform is 9 May 2021.
Since 2008, the RegioStars are Europe’s awards to cohesion policy-funded projects that demonstrate excellence and new approaches in regional development.
In need of inspiration?
Check out the interview with the team of the EcoDesign Circle who got to the finals of the RegioStars Awards last year. What did the process look like? What did they like most? And, most importantly, what was the gain for the project? Read the interview now.